Burkina Faso: 25 people die in attack on humanitarian convoy: UNHCR is “shocked”
On the night of October 4 and 5, at least 25 people were killed in an attack on a humanitarian convoy in Burkina Faso.
“25 people – all men – died and another was seriously injured after a convoy carrying 46 people was ambushed by an armed group near Pissila in Sanmatenga province”, said a report by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
“During this attack, the men were separated from the group and executed. One of them survived because he was believed to be dead. Women and children were released while the armed group fled”, the UNHCR said. The survivors managed to reach the city of Pissila, nine kilometers from the site of the attack.
Burkina Faso is one of the Countries in the Sahel region that has been affected by ethnic and jihadist violence. This violence has so far caused nearly three million displaced people and refugees.
You can read the full article here.